Les Voltigeurs de Québec is a Primary Reserve infantry regiment of the Canadian Forces. The name of the regiment commemorates another older French-speaking Canadian militia light infantry unit, the Canadian Voltigeurs (raised in 1812 and disbanded in 1815). The founder of the Canadian Voltigeurs, lieutenant-colonel Charles-Michel d'Irumberry de Salaberry, was the father of the two men who raised Les Voltigeurs de Québec. The regiment was formed in March 1862, with its headquarters in Quebec City, by the amalgamation into a regiment of eight independent Volunteer Militia Rifle companies. The first of these companies was originally raised in December 1861. Between 1862 and 1867 these companies were frequently disbanded, reformed and renumbered. In 1942 it provided an armoured regiment.
This collar pin measures 1/2" long and comes with the original pin on back. A nice piece of WWII militaria.